Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reed it's only 4:45 go back to sleep!

I love my little Reed, but he is killing me! Seriously, this whole week he has been starting his mornings super early. I was just getting used to his 6 am habit and now he has turned it up a notch to 4:45 or 5 this week. I don't understand why neither of my children think they need to sleep. They must get it from Richard, not me! He wakes up happy and ready to start his day. He is not quiet. I have been trying to leave him in his bed in my room, as not to encourage the habit. But he is just too loud. I have to take him down stairs and try to silence him or else Victoria will be up and there goes my day.
This morning I tried to drowned him out with a white- noise machine and I left him in bed with a sippy cup of water and that worked until I heard Victoria trapezing around at 6 AM.
I am hoping this is just a pre-crawling phase. You know how they get all out of whack right before they cross a huge developmental stage, well he is trying to crawl. He gets his bum up in the air and is on his toes army style. It won't be long. He sure is a sweetie though.

7 comments:

LizzyP said...

My twins are doing the exact same thing after this time change! They also used to sleep until 6 or a little after and now they're calling for me no later than five. Argh.

Erin said...

Uhh, I remember those days. Life is hard when you're sleep-deprived!

On another, unrelated note, consider yourself tagged! Check it out at:
http://erinjun.blogspot.com/2008/11/another-tag-ive-been-waiting-to-do.html

kathleen said...

Condolences! I would die, especially after all those years of early morning Seminary with our 4 kids. I don't get up now early unless I have to, and NEVER that early.

I was in NY at the time change and Oz and Brig are doing the same thing, all though not quite as early.

Aunt Kathleen

em said...

So I've realized that these past couple of nights I can't sleep because I'm so excited about Christmas this year! I can't wait to see you!

Kevin, Amanda & Owen said...

How are you?? It has been so long since we have talked. I knew you moved but I wasn't sure how to get in touch, so I decided to search for your blog. Anyway, you can email me at kevinamanda00@yahoo.com I hope things are going well. Talk to you soon!

Amanda

The Hyding Place said...

Rachel, I found your link from Amanda's blog. I am so excited to keep in touch now. Holy cow, you are in connecticut? This last summer we were driving past eats of eden on our way home from our ward camp-out and I was telling my kids about how we used to eat there after we went snow boarding. Now I can show them who I was talking about. Those were good times. Jamie

Brooke said...

So I should hold off on having a third if I want sleep? hee-hee, they are worth it though!!! xoxo Brooke