Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Connecticut!


Well, I finally have a second to sit down and relax and add to this blessed blog. I actually don't have a second, but I really feel like this is kind of my journal and it needs severe updating. So here we go.
So, finally we are a little bit settled in Ashford, Connecticut. After a month and a half of transition we are finally here. We spent a few weeks in San Antonio with Richard's parents after we moved out of our place. Then we packed up a Uhaul trailer and headed out in separate directions. Victoria, Reed and I headed to Utah for Maren's wedding and Richard and his father headed northeast 2000 miles to Storrs, Connecticut, home of University of Connecticut.
After two very exhausting days of driving(800 miles one day and 1200 the next), Richard pulled into Storrs. He called me right away with doubts about our decsion to pursue his MBA at UConn. There really isn't much to Storrs on the initial glance.
He found a place and moved our stuff in that same day. He really is amazing! I on the other hand was enjoying myself in Utah with my family. We missed him very much and were so grateful that he was willing to make the trip without us. Let's face it though, who wants to drive 2000 miles with two kids in the back seat. I think they would have added a week!
Now that we are all back together we are enjoying the area very much. We are in such a great spot for day trips. We have already taken a trip to the coast of Connecticut visiting the Mystic Seaport and the next weekend we visited Providence, Rhode Island. I enjoyed the strong Portuguese area in Providence. We found a bakery and restaurant that were awesome. Both Providence and Mystic are less than an hour away. We may try to hit Boston this weekend.
Richard hasn't been too busy with his classes yet so we have taken advantage of all the fun activities near our home. We found Whispering Horse Farms and picked our own apples and peaches for cheap. Victoria just about took a bite out of each one she picked. Today I spent the morning at another farm with a petting zoo and hiking trails. We really are enjoying all of the fun small-town activities here!
Victoria and Reed are in the same room and have adjusted well. Victoria says Bneticut for Connecticut and each time she sees the UConn logo she says, "Go Huskies".
All in all I think we are going to enjoy this chapter of our lives! Cheesy, but true!

7 comments:

Talia said...

Hey here is my new blog address...

http://web.me.com/taliamcleod/McLeod_Site/Welcome.html

Mugsy said...

Yeah Rach! Your all moved. Wow that happened before I knew it. Here you are in a whole new place just after we barely talked....it seems anyway! I will call you soon!

Maren said...

oh, I love your sweet little family! and I'm so glad things are going well. Thanks for being to the wedding Rach. Tell Richard I say "good luck" with school! I hope we'll be able to visit you out there one day!

Jiles Pfamily said...

i am jealous of your adventure. i served in rhode island for a few months. you will love it. maybe we will have to come visit you :)

Liz said...

Sounds like fun, I wonder how far you are from Wash DC...

em said...

Ok... Two quick things... You guys are saints for working this summer out even though you had so much going on - you should get the best sister award for making maren's wedding and richard should get the best "MOVE ALONE" award for all the times he does this. What a sweet boy!

Second is... You are so so so amazingly pretty. Last night I was absolutely taken back as I always am at how pretty you look - ALWAYS. I miss you so! Its tough to have had you out here and have you gone again.

P.S. Tell Meg to add me to her blog list... I miss her great stories too!

em said...

One more quick thing... You need to blog about how Victoria wanted to hand me her camera through the computer... It broke my heart not to be able to hug her at that moment!